Canada is one of the best places in the world to study. Moving to Canada to study can be very exciting, as well as frightening, considering that you’re going there for the first time.
In order to give you a little relief, here are a few things you should know before going to Canada to study.
Studying In Canada Is Affordable
As compared to other countries, the tuition fees in Canadian universities is inexpensive. The undergraduate tuition fees in Canada is usually between 12,000 CAD to 18,000 CAD per year.
Moreover, accommodation prices are somewhat the same as in the USA, Australia, and the UK. The rent in apartments in Canada ranges from $400 to %1,500 every month depending on the area of residence.
Are you looking for a student visa extension Melbourne? Get in touch with VICPAK today!
Canada Has Two Official Languages
One thing that many people don’t know about Canada is that it has two official languages—English and French. Most people in Canada are fluent in English, and you won’t have to worry about language barriers in education there. However, the majority of French speakers reside in Quebec, and to study there, you may need proficiency in French.
Scholarships Available For International Students
There are various scholarships in Canada that are for international students. Here are a few of them:
- Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is to recognize international students who show great academic experience, creativity, and leadership. This scholarship covers tuition, books, accommodation, and incidental fees for four years.
- At York University, international students can get up to $60,000 to %100,000 for four-year degree programs for having a great academic record.
- Humbler provides full and partial tuition scholarships to new international students who have their classes from September or January every year.
Post Study Work
While you study in Canada, you can apply for a post-study work visa that is up to 3 years, depending on the program of your studies.
Moreover, when you get exposure to Canada’s work and academic culture, you can apply for Canadian citizenship as well.
Get A Canada Study Visa ASAP
For study courses that are for the duration of more than six months in Canada, you will require a study permit. Moreover, you may even require a temporary residence permit that is processed during your study permit application.
You must provide these documents in order to get a permit.
- Acceptance letter from a Canadian university or institution.
- Document/bank statements showing your ability to pay for tuition, living expenses, as well as return fares to get back to your country.
- Document showing that you’re in good health.
Here, we discussed the things you should know before studying in Canada.
In case you’re looking for Canada student visa requirement, contact VICPAK.