Canada Student Visa Requirement

Looking to study in the second-largest country in the world? Canada is one of the best places to study for a life-enriching experience. At VICPAK, we help students with guidance through Canadian student visa process that allows them to make the right decision for having an impeccable college application. Live your dream of studying in the best colleges and universities with our expert guidance.

Why Study in Canada?

With so many options to choose from, the Canada Student Visa requirement will leave you confused. However, VICPAK consultants will be your helping hand in providing you with the best possible guidance to choose from the diverse programs. Since Canada has one university in each province, you can apply to multiple universities. Our guides will not only help you in choosing what’s best for you but we will also match your skills with the best program that you can opt for. With the most per capita spending on education, you will not only get the best education experience but will also experience fun activities all year round with a multitude of cultural and leisure events.

Study Permit Checklist 

If you’re looking forward to getting a study permit in Canada, you must submit these documents. 

  • All documents mentioned in the Generic Document Checklist for a Study Permit must be submitted. Failure to submit these documents may cause a delay in your application, or even refusal. 
  • If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of the background information questions from the application form, you would have to submit completed and signed Schedule 1 form with your application. 
  • You would have to provide proof of immigration status in the country in which you’re currently residing. 
  • In case you don’t reside in your country of citizenship, you would need to provide a copy of your permanent, work, study, or temporary stay permit with the issue and expiry date. 
  • Complete and sign the Family Information Form. In the questions where the answer is not applicable, write N/A. 
  • If your letter of admission states that your program of study in Canada requires an internship or work term, highlight or underline that on the letter. You will be issued a Work Permit, in addition to your Study Permit, without any extra fees. 
  • You would have to submit a one-page study plan that answers these questions, as well as has other information relevant to your application. 
  1. Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program in which you have been accepted? 
  2. What is your educational goal?
  3. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of citizenship or residence? 
  • All academic documents are required only for those individuals who are applying for post-secondary studies in Canada. 
  • If you’ll be in Canada for more than six months, you will be required to submit police certificates. 
  • If you’re a minor (under 18 years of age), you would have to provide a copy of your birth certificate. 
  • If you’re a minor, are traveling alone, and have not provided a Custodianship Declaration, you would need to submit a letter of authorization from your parents/guardians, as well as a copy of the page of the passport, or any other identification document issued by the government showing their names, signatures, and photos. 
  • If you’re a minor, have not provided a Custodianship Declaration, and are traveling with a parent or guardian, you would need to provide a letter of authorization from your non-accompanying parents/guardians, as well as a copy of the page of the passport, or any other identification document issued by the government showing their names, signatures, and photos. 


Students worrying about studying and working at the same time don’t have to worry about managing their expenses. Canada offers the lowest tuition fees that students can take advantage of. Not only this, but international students can take part in working on-campus with a work permit. After graduation, students have the chance to opt for a job in the same country.


Our experts will help choose the best degree from different levels – Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate – which is not only globally recognizable but is also equivalent to the United States and Commonwealth colleges and Universities. If you’re seeking to continue higher studies in Canada and want to get the best possible advice with our expert guidance, contact us now!