Each year, thousands of students decide to study in Canadian universities. This is due to the fact that Canada has an advanced education system, a host of career opportunities, as well as a vibrant society to live in.
If you’ve just started on your journey to study in Canada, here is a guide to help you with the procedure.
Steps For Getting Canadian Study Permit
Follow these steps to get your Canadian study permit.
- Apply at a university in Canada. After you’ve been accepted at the university, you will receive an acceptance letter for the visa application.
- Use the official Canadian study permit tool to find if you need a study permit or visa.
- Apply for the Canadian student visa online on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website.
- Send all the visa application documents online or by post.
- Provide the acceptance letter from the university or a learning institution recognized by the government of Canada.
- Present proof that shows that you have no criminal record.
- Submit clinical and medical records that reflect your good health.
Do you want to study in Canada from Australia? VICPAK can help! Get in touch with us today.
Criteria For Foreigner Students For Canadian Visa
You are eligible to get a Canadian visa as an international student if:
- You are enrolled at a designated learning institution.
- You prove that you have ample funds to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses for you and any family members who accompany you to Canada and return transportation for yourself and for the family members who accompany you to Canada.
- You have no criminal record and get a police certificate.
- You are in good health as shown in a medical exam.
- Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada once your study permit expires.
- You pass the English language proficiency test.
- You provide your birth certificate, passport, and marriage certificate.
Cost Of Study In Canada
As compared to other countries, the cost of studying in Canada is fairly inexpensive. You will most likely have to pay C$20,000 to C$30,000 annually for your tuition fee. These values are average and can vary according to your institution, as well as your field of study.
Moreover, the cost of food and housing may require C$15,000 annually on average. However, this value may change according to your needs and your area of living.
In this blog, we discussed the ways to access a Canadian visa as an international student.
If you’re looking for an educational consultant Melbourne, get in touch with VICPAK today.